Darke Hall was made possible through a major gift to Regina College (the University of Regina’s predecessor) from Francis Nicholson Darke. Darke was a Regina business owner, politician, and philanthropist with a long history with Regina College that pre-dated the conception of Darke Hall. Darke was instrumental in the establishment of Regina College in 1910-1911 and served as a member of its Board of Governors for over two decades. Darke’s vision to erect a music and arts building at Regina College was brought to life through James Henry Puntin’s elaborate design in the Collegiate Gothic Revival style and executed by Poole Construction Co. Limited. This section of the online exhibit documents Darke Hall’s journey from concept to official opening in January of 1929. Of special note are the original blueprints by architect James Henry Puntin.